1. Early foundations are critical
- because it was at this stage wherein the attitudes and behavior of a child will start to develop. As what the bible says that as the child was born there is already an innate attitude on him. So, therefore, there must be someone who will supervise and monitor the child. It is very important that at early years the child will be mold on the best attitude because it is hard to teach the child the best attitude when he is old already.
2. Maturation and learning are responsible for development.
- Maturation and Learning must go with each other simply because through the learned experiences make people became mature.
4. All individuals are different.
- this is truly a significant fact of human development. You can never find two people who shared the same characteristics. Every individual is unique. For example: there are two grade school students. These students may have similarities but still there is always something that can only be found on the first student and something that can also only be detected on the second student.
10. There are traditional beliefs about individuals at all ages.
- There are traditional beliefs in development. For example: in order for you to know who will be your future partner, you must wake up in the middle of the night and face the mirror while holding lighted candle and just then an image will appear at the mirror and that is your partner in life. Another is that if a pregnant woman's abdomen is pointed, her baby will be a boy; if it is round, the baby will be a girl. Also, after the baby is delivered, the umbilical cord must be rubbed on the newborn's cheek to produce dimples.