About Me

My photo
..I am not an accident.. I wasn't created by mistake nor by accident.. I was made by a reason and with a purpose. God made me with His purpose and by His purpose. He made me to serve Him with all my heart and to praise and worship Him. I am but a reflection of His glory. I'm so special and unique because I was made by His own image.

Monday, March 1, 2010

LATE CHILDHOOD

Late childhood is the stage wherein the child becomes sexually mature. In MOST young children, there is a change in the pattern of their lives.As they adjust to the new demands and expectations of their lives, they become emotionally disturbed.Many changes take place in their behavior, attitudes and way of life.

It is also called the "sloppy age"- the troublesome age in which the child is no longer willing to do the things he was told to do so.Again it is the quarrelsome age because the child indulged in a small quarrel.

Again there is a gang spirit in which the major concern is the acceptance by the age-mates in a gang. there is a team spirit in a play activities and creative works.


Skills developed are as follows:


Play skills

School skills

Self help skills

Social help skills

Hand skills

Speech skills

Pronunciation skills

Vocabulary skills

Health maintenance skillleles


Other notable behaviors are as follows:

Unpleasant emotions are socially unacceptable

Expression of anger in moodiness

Heightened emotional expressions

Learning to curb external emotional expressions

Boys have more extensive peer groups than girls

Not satisfied with associates

Aim for socio-metric status in age-mates

Desire for leadership in peers

Constructive play activities

Exploring and collecting things




No comments:

Post a Comment